LinkedIn is collaborating with GitHub to launch over 50 software development courses through LinkedIn Learning for free until February 28, 2023.
The courses cover the most widely used programming languages in the world by integrating educational videos from LinkedIn with GitHub Codespaces.
The new educational collaboration between LinkedIn and GitHub will provide developers with real-world coding practice to help them improve their skills.
As explained by LinkedIn in an announcement:
“That’s why we paired LinkedIn skills data and expert content with the latest GitHub hands-on practice technology to launch the new LinkedIn Learning with GitHub Codespaces integration. The new feature enables software developers to watch a course and get real workplace-like practice from anywhere. This creates a powerful learning experience requiring only a keyboard-enabled device and an internet connection.
Now, you can learn and practice in real-world environments at any stage in your software development career—from beginner to advanced—in the most popular programming languages on LinkedIn Learning. So whether you’re learning SQL or advancing your Python coding skills, a developer can get straight from learning to writing code.”
You will find in the LinkedIn announcement video below an example of how the integration with GitHub works:
Over 50 free courses from LinkedIn and GitHub
LinkedIn and GitHub are providing the following courses completely for free until the end of February:
- Hands-On Introduction: Python
- Hands-On Introduction: Java
- Hands-On Introduction: React
- Hands-On Introduction: SQL
- Tailwind CSS 3 Essential Training
- CSS: Animation
- Level Up: Python
- Building Monorepos on GitHub
- Practice It: Python Data Structures
- CSS Layout Code Challenges
- Hands-On Introduction: Go
- Level Up: Java
- CSS Tips
- Learning Bash Scripting
- CSS: Enhancing Interfaces with Animation
- Training Neural Networks in Python
- Level Up: Advanced Python
- 8 Git Commands You Should Know
- Practice It: SQL Joins
- CSS: Images
- Practice It: Java
- Data Cleaning in Python Essential Training
- Level Up: SQL
- Level Up: C
- CSS: Scrolling and Parallax
- Data Science Foundations: Python Scientific Stack
- Practice It: Go REST API Server
- Level Up: Go
- Machine Learning with Python: Logistic Regression
- ESLint: Integrating with Your Workflow
- CSS for Programmers
- Hands-On Introduction: PHP
- Machine Learning with Python: Association Rules
- Practice It: PHP Classes and Objects
- Level Up: PHP
- ESLint: Checking for Syntax and Logic Errors
- Hands-On Introduction: ASP.NET Razor Pages
- Level Up: Python Data Acquisitions, Prep, and EDA
- ESLint: Customizing Styles
What is LinkedIn learning?
LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com) is a constantly growing and evolving online course platform offered by the professional social network LinkedIn.
This educational platform provides you with accessible training videos and tutorials covering a wide range of topics.
All you need now is a LinkedIn account and an internet-connected computer to start learning and improving your programming skills.